glibmm: glibmm Reference Manual
glibmm is the official C++ interface for the popular cross-platform library Glib. It provides non-UI API that is not available in standard C++ and makes it possible for gtkmm to wrap GObject-based APIs. See also the Programming with gtkmm book for a tutorial on programming with gtkmm and glibmm.
- Glib::ustring: A UTF-8 string class that can be used interchangably with std::string. Plus String Utility Functions
- Glib::RefPtr: A reference-counting smartpointer, for use with Glib::ObjectBase or similar
- Character Set Conversion
- Glib::Regex: Regular expression string matching.
- Glib::KeyFile: Parsing and writing of key files (similar to .ini files)
- Glib::Date, Glib::Timer, Glib::TimeVal
- Glib::Dispatcher: Inter-thread communication
- File Utilities and URI Utilities
- The Main Event Loop
- Spawning Processes
- Miscellaneous Utility Functions
giomm (part of the glibmm project) also contains:
- Asynchronous IO. See Gio::File and the Stream Classes.
- Portable Network I/O Functionality
- D-Bus API
- Gio::Settings for application settings.
Include the glibmm header, plus giomm if necessary:
(You may include individual headers, such as
If your source file is
program.cc, you can compile it with:
Alternatively, if using autoconf, use the following in
Then use the generated
GLIBMM_LIBS variables in the project Makefile.am files. For example: