- GNOME application development overview
Guide to the GNOME platform and libraries for developers.
- GNOME Human Interface Guidelines
- The Python GTK+ 3 Tutorial [external resource]
An introduction to writing GTK+ 3 applications in Python.
- GNOME Accessibility Developers Guide
The GNOME Accessibility Guide is for developers who want to ensure their programming efforts are accessible to the widest audience of users. This guide also covers many of the Section 508 requirements.
- GNOME Developer Platform Demos
- GNOME Programming Guidelines
GNOME Programming Guidelines
- Integrating existing software with GNOME
Guide for Independent Software Vendors
- Optimization Guide
Software can be optimized in many ways: for speed, program size, or memory use. This section contains guides and tutorials for optimizing your software.
- Picking up GNOME proxy settings
- Port your application from GNOME 2 to GNOME 3
- The Clutter Cookbook
- Understanding Metacity Themes
We very much appreciate any reports of inaccuracies or other errors in this document. Contributions are also most welcome. Post your suggestions, critiques or addenda to the team.
- GNOME Human Interface Guidelines (GNOME 2)
How Do I...?
- Alternate menubar layout
- App Folders
- Application IDs
- Beautiful Buttons
- Custom Style
- Diagram Overview
- Extract Shell
- Handling command line options in GApplication
- How Do I Clutter with Gst over Gir for Python
- Making an application menu
- Saving and Loading Window State
- Search Provider
- Setting up an application for D-Bus Launching
- Subclassing GObject
- Themed Icons
- Using GMenu
- Using GSettings
- Using GtkApplication
- GTK+ 2.0 Tutorial
- GTK+ Programming Tutorial [external resource]
This GTK+ tutorial is written for the C programming language. It is suitable for beginners and intermediate programmers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Accerciser Manual v0.2.0
This manual describes the use of Accerciser.
- Anjuta build tutorial
- Anjuta DevStudio
Help for Anjuta DevStudio.
- Anjuta FAQ
Frequently asked questions
- Glade Interface Designer Manual
Glade is a user interface designer for GTK+ applications.
- GTK-Doc Manual
User manual for developers with instructions of GTK-Doc usage.
- JHBuild Manual
JHBuild is a tool used to build the whole GNOME desktop from the version control system. JHBuild can also be customized to build other projects too.
- User manual for GHex
GHex is a simple binary editor. It lets users view and edit a binary file in both hex and ascii with a multiple level undo/redo mechanism. Features include find and replace functions, conversion between binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal values, and use of an alternative, user-configurable MDI concept that lets users edit multiple documents with multiple views of each.
GNOME Documentation Project
- GNOME Documentation Build Utilities
The GNOME Documentation Build Utilities were created to make it easier for application developers to include and create documentation in their releases.
- GNOME Documentation Style Guide V1.6
Style guidelines for documentation and user interfaces.
- GNOME Documentation XSLT Manual
The GNOME Documentation XSLT stylesheets were created to provide fast DocBook to HTML conversion for real-time document viewing in GNOME's help browser, Yelp.
- GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation V1.0.2
Instructions and guidelines on writing documentation for software.