- WebKit2GTK+ Reference Manual [external resource]
Web content rendering for the GNOME Platform
- Cairo: A Vector Graphics Library
Cairo is a 2D graphics library with support for multiple output devices. It is designed to produce consistent output on all output media while taking advantage of display hardware acceleration when available.
- libcanberra Reference Manual
libcanberra is an implementation of the XDG Sound Theme and Name Specifications, for generating event sounds on free desktops,
- telepathy-glib Reference Manual [external resource]
- libxml2 Reference Manual [external resource]
Powerful and feature complete XML handling library.
- libxslt Reference Manual [external resource]
The XSLT C library developed for the Gnome project. XSLT itself is a an XML language to define transformation for XML. Libxslt is based on libxml2.
- Poppler Reference Manual
- Sensor Proxy Reference Manual
iio-sensor-proxy is a D-Bus proxy for accelerometers and ambient light sensors.
- Vala API References [external resource]
Vala API References for GTK+, GNOME and related libraries
- java-gnome API Documentation [external resource]
Java Interfaces for GTK+, GNOME and related libraries
- Desktop Application Autostart Specification
This freedesktop.org specification describes how applications can be started automatically after the user has logged in and how media can request a specific application to be executed or a specific file on the media to be opened after the media has been mounted.
- Desktop Entry Specification
The Desktop Entries provide information about an application such as the name, icon, and description. These files are used for application launchers and for creating menus of applications that can be launched.
- Desktop Notifications Specification
This specification standardizes the interface to desktop notification services.
- Extended Window Manager Hints
This freedesktop.org specification standardizes extensions to the ICCCM between X desktops.
- Icon Naming Specification
This freedesktop.org specification describes a common way to name icons and their contexts in an icon theme.
- Icon Theme Specification
This freedesktop.org specification describes a common way to store icon themes.
- Menu Specification
This freedesktop.org specification describes how menus are built up from desktop entries.
- Shared MIME-info Database Specification
This freedesktop.org specification attempts to unify the MIME database systems currently in use by X desktop environments.
- XDG Base Directory Specification
Various specifications specify files and file formats. This freedesktop.org specification defines where these files should be looked for by defining one or more base directories relative to which files should be located.